If your bike or powersport vehicle is stolen, report the theft to the police within 72 hours. If you are covered by insurance, notify your insurance company immediately. Notify Kryptonite within seven (7) days of the theft – you can submit a request ticket through our website (http://www.kryptonitelock.com/en/customer-service/contactus.html) or give us a call at 800-SAY-LOCK (customers in USA/Canada) or +1 781-828-6655 (customers in UK/Europe).
To file a claim visit our website and click on the “File a Claim” button on the main ATPO page.
REMINDER – cables and accessories are NOT covered under ATPO… If you purchased a u-lock/cable combination pack the u-lock is covered but the cable is only a secondary deterrent as stated on the package, and SHOULD NOT be used as your primary lock.
In order to file the claim you need the following pieces of information:
- Your contact details, including your email address
- Registration confirmation number – (would be in your registration confirmation email)
REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE ATPO TO FILE A CLAIM
- Copy of the official police report
- Description of the lock-up – provide info on how the lock failed (*we always recommend locking to a secured stationary object). We reserve the right to request a drawing of the lockup.
- Image of the broken lock (Kryptonite reserves the right to request the actual lock)
- Image of one original key
- Proof of deductible from insurance company, if covered by insurance.